ABC Access Business College has helped many graduates transform their lives into long-term employable skills. Government funded training available. The grant could be up to $28,000. If applicable child daycare up to $1,000 per child. Maximum $2,000 per month.
*This Diploma program is approved as vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Banking and Financial Services program is designed to teach students all the relevant aspects of and to prepare students for careers in banking and finance.
ABC Access Business College has a Curriculum Licensing Agreement with the Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) to offer the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and with the Investment Fund Institute Canada (IFIC) to offer the Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC). CSC or CIFC certification is required by the Provincial Securities Commission to obtain respective license.
Customer service representatives in this unit group process customers’ financial transactions and provide information on related banking products and services. They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions.
Bank teller, credit union teller, foreign exchange teller – financial services, financial customer service representative, financial advisor.
Customer service representatives in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Process customer cash deposits and withdrawals, cheques, transfers, bills, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques and other related banking transactions.
- Obtain and process information required for the provision of services, such as opening accounts and savings plans and purchasing bonds.
- Sell travellers’ cheques, foreign currency and money orders.
- Balance daily transactions using computer programs, calculators and adding machines.
- Sort and file deposit slips and cheques.
- Prepare customer statements and other correspondence for mailing.
- Answer enquiries and resolve problems or discrepancies concerning customers’ accounts.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A business college diploma may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
OUR GRADUATES EMPLOYERS IN FINANCIAL SECTOR
Bank of Montreal
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network
Global RESP Corporation
Mackenzie Investment Inc
Primerica Financial Services
TD BankTeheri Exchange Service
World Financial Group
World Financial Group Insurance of Canada