ABC Access Business College has helped many graduates transform their lives into long-term employable skills. Government funded training available. The grant could be up to $28,000. If applicable child daycare up to $1,000 per child. Maximum $2,000 per month.
*This Diploma program is approved as vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Administrative assistants compile, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules.
They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Administrative clerk, administrative assistant, application clerk, authorization clerk, by-law clerk, customs clerk, documentation clerk, import clerk, licence clerk, office administration clerk, passport clerk, ward clerk – hospital, warranty clerk, registration clerk, registry clerk
Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions, and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures and schedules, using computerized and manual processing systems.
- Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements or other material after requesting documents have been processed and approved.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required.
- Prepare reports and presentations and provide information to staff and general public regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules.
- May be responsible for some accounting tasks.
- May organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks and data entry clerks.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of college or other courses in business administration is usually required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Progression to officer level positions is possible with additional training and experience.