Would you like to embark on an exciting career in the hospitality and events management industry? Then you should check out ABC College’s Hospitality Management Diploma Program.
Students with this diploma program will be able get employment in tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, and conference and event planning companies. They will be involved in planning, organizing, managing and coordinating conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events.
The following are some of the key areas in which students will get training when they do ABC College’s Hospitality Management Diploma Program –
- They will be trained in approaching and conducting meetings with potential clients to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services.
- They will be trained in approaching and conducting meetings with sponsors and organizing committees to plan the scope and format of events, to prepare and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events.
- They will be trained in coordinating services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, food and beverages, restroom facilities, signage, displays, translation and interpretation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, and security.
- They will be trained in creating registration materials, preparing program content and promotional material.
- They will be trained in planning and executing advertisements.
- They will be trained in planning and organizing entertainment such as games, tours and film screenings for participants.
- They will be trained in ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- They will be trained in preparing contracts for services, approving suppliers’ invoices, maintaining financial records, reviewing final billing submitted to clients for events and preparing reports.
- They will be trained in making room reservations, providing information and services to guests and ensuring the receipt of payment for services.
The following are some of the job opportunities that will be available to students with a diploma in Hospitality Management –
Front desk clerk, hotel, front office clerk, hotel, guest service agent, guest service representative, hotel front desk clerk, night clerk, reservations clerk – hotel, room clerk
This Diploma program is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.